State Pension: Can I claim State Pension in more than one country? | Personal Finance | Finance


This is most likely to be possible if you’ve worked in the EEA, Gibraltar, Switzerland and some countries that are in a social security agreement with Britain.

If it’s the case that you’re looking to retire overseas, you will be able to claim the UK’s New State Pension in most overseas territories.

Your pension will increase every year but only if you relocate to a country in the EEA, including Gibraltar and Switzerland, or some countries with which the UK has an agreement.

Britain has existing agreements with some nations to protect the social security rights of workers moving between the two states.

These are sometimes known as bilateral or reciprocal agreements.

Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.