Cold Weather Payment: DWP announces new postcode trigger today as snow warnings continue | Personal Finance | Finance

Today, the DWP confirmed another Cold Weather Payment has been triggered. This particular trigger relates to the weather station Lerwick.

“As well as Cold Weather Payments, we also run the Warm Home Discount Scheme and Winter Fuel Payments, so we have a number of schemes in place to help.”

The DWP has also said today that various postcodes were triggered yesterday.

These are as follows:

Aboyne – February 9 to February 15 (forecast)

AB30-34, AB38, AB51-55,


Eskdalemuir – February 9 to February 15 (forecast)

DG3-4, DG10-11, DG13-14,


TD7, TD9

Kinloss – February 9 to February 15 (forecast)

AB44-45, AB56,

IV1-3, IV5, IV8-12, IV17-20, IV30-32, IV36

Redesdale – February 9 to February 15 (forecast)



NE19, NE47-49

Tulloch Bridge – February 9 to February 15 (forecast)


PA33, PA36, PA40,

PH8-9, PH15-17, PH30-35, PH37, PH49-50.

It comes amid the Met Office issuing weather warnings for the UK until Saturday.

It’s crucial to stay warm during the wintery temperatures, meaning many will be relying on heating systems during this time.

The Cold Weather Payment scheme runs from November 1 to March 31 each winter, in order to help with the costs of the very cold weather.

Payments are made automatically to eligible people who live in the triggered area. The money should be paid into the relevant account within 14 working days after the period of very cold weather.

Who is eligible for a Cold Weather Payment?

To be eligible for a Cold Weather Payment, a person must receive one of the following benefits:

  • Universal Credit – if they are not employed or self-employed
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Support for Mortgage Interest

Additionally, they must meet at least one of the following criteria:

  • Be in receipt of a disability or pension premium
  • Have a child under five living with them
  • Be in receipt of Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element
  • Have a health condition or disability and have limited capability for work
  • Be in the work-related activity group or support group
  • Have a severe or enhanced disability premium.
  • Have a disabled child in the household – if the person is receiving Universal Credit then they will receive a CWP where this applies, whether they are working or not.

Do you have a money dilemma which you’d like a financial expert’s opinion on? If you would like to ask one of our finance experts a question, please email your query to

Source link

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.